Pirimir (Phenazopyridine) - refers to a group of drugs that are used in urology, providing a local analgesic effect on the mucous urogenital system (bladder and urethra). The drug is excreted with urine, settling on the mucous membrane. As a result, the active component eliminates the uncomfortable sensations of the lower urinary tract: pain, burning, frequent urination.
Pirimir does not treat a urinary tract infection, but only relieves symptoms. The drug should not interfere with the diagnosis and is intended to relieve discomfort before diagnosis.
During the day, Primir is almost completely eliminated from the body, by 41% unchanged and by 49% in the form of a metabolite.
Pirimir is prescribed as an analgesic for any mucosal irritations that could be caused by the following factors:
• MPS infection
• The first stage of interstitial cystitis
• After operation
• When diagnosing the genitourinary system with an endoscope, probe
• When installing or removing a catheter
• In other cases
Pirimir may be prescribed as an adjunct treatment with an antibiotic to alleviate symptoms. It is not recommended to use the drug for more than 2 days, as it can mask the symptoms. There is no need to take medication with other analgesics or painkillers unless your doctor has prescribed this.
Pirimir should not be taken in the following cases:
• Individual intolerance to Phenazopyridine and its derivative Phenazopyridine hydrochloride.
• Impaired liver function
• impaired renal function
• Age to 18 years
There is not enough information regarding the use of Pirimir during breastfeeding, so it is not recommended to take the drug during lactation.
Caution should be taken in patients with the following diseases and disorders in the body:
• Heart failure
• Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase
• Age over 65
• Neuromuscular disease
Application and dosage
Tablets are taken after meals with a glass of water, 2 tablets 3 times a day. Your healthcare provider may prescribe a different dosage that is not indicated in this manual.
If you missed the medication, but it is time for the next dose, you do not need to take a double dose - just take the usual dose of Pirimir.
Studies have shown that prolonged use of Pirimir can cause a neoplasm in the liver. Do not use the medication for more than 2 days.
Pirimir medication may cause the following side effects:
- From the central nervous system: dizziness, headache, aseptic meningitis
- From the gastrointestinal tract: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea (most often occurs when taking the medication on an empty stomach)
- From the liver: hepatotoxicity, jaundice (in the case of high doses)
- From the urinary tract: uro nephrolithiasis
- On the part of the immune system: skin itch or rash, fever, bronchospasm (in most cases, symptoms are caused by hypersensitivity to Phenazopyridine
- On the part of the blood and lymphatic system: methemoglobinemia, leukopenia, neuropenia, pancytopenia. With a deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, hemolytic anemia can occur.
- Among other side effects, it is worth noting a change in the color of urine from dark orange to red. Against the background of prolonged use, pigmentation of the skin, yellowing of the whites of the eyes, swelling of the limbs and face, yellowing of the nails, impaired vision and color perception, eye irritation, and ear pain may occur.
- Patients who wear contact lenses should refrain from using them for a while, as Pirimir causes discoloration.
With an overdose of the drug, an increase in side effects occurs. There is toxicity of the kidneys and liver.
In case of an overdose, it is necessary to induce vomiting and gastric lavage. With the manifestation of methemoglobinemia, an intravenous administration of a 1% solution of methylene blue is prescribed in a dosage of 1-2 mg / kg body weight.
Interaction with other drugs
Increases the bioavailability of ciprofloxacin. May be prescribed with antimicrobials and antibiotics.
Influence on driving
If taking Pirimir caused a symptom such as dizziness, then you should refrain from driving or using dangerous machinery.
You can order Pirimir in a dosage of 100 mg in an amount of 20 or 24 tablets. We will place your order as soon as possible. You can also order other drugs in the Bladder And Gout section.
Please consult your physician before taking any medication. Generic Name: Phenazopyridine (fen-AY-zoe-PIR-i-deen) Brand Name: Examples include Azo-Gesic and Pyridium Phenazopyridine is used for: Relieving pain, burning, urgency, frequent urination, and discomfort caused by irritation of the lower urinary tract. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. Phenazopyridine is a urinary tract analgesic. Exactly how Phenazopyridine works is not known. It is thought to work by relieving pain on the lining of the urinary tract. Phenazopyridine may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
Expected delivery time
10-15 business days ( or even faster depending on your location)
- Credit Card
- Money Transfer (WESTERN UNION)
- Domestic Bank Wire ( Special discount with this payment method)